Author Topic: Panga an Introduction  (Read 974 times)

Offline Nirjal

• We Love Nepal
Panga an Introduction
« on: May 12, 2010, 11:45:40 AM »
Historical Background
The settlement of Panga is related with the Gopal era of ancient Nepal.
The Gopals are supposed to be the first rulers who have left some evidence of their reign .e.g. Pashupati Nath temple is one of the most important monument of then. Panga was known as Shristipur in ancient time. During visit of spiritual saint “Shankaracharya" it was changed to Shankarapur. Its has got its name Shankarapur as the settlement is in the shape of Shankha. In Medieval time it again changed to Panga. There are different myths found in naming of Panga. Some of them are as follows.

Myth I 1       
   The Gopals (then known as SAAPU (cowboy or cow owners in Newari language) were searching for new place in ancient time they found Maayavo( the place where pulses were found abundantly) in Shristi Pur. Due to fertile land they started living there. The Maayavo has now changed in Maayabu in present. After some time the place was expanded in many places .In that time also Shankarapur was name of Panga. This name is continued till late Malla Kings period.  In late Malla kings period ,due to spread of war between country to country the people of this place used to stand around the periphery of this place so in newari term Paa is also known as a chain and Gna/gaa is known as Village so the combination of Paa and Gna /gaa converted into Panga.

Myth II 2
 According to this, due to spread of war the guests were supposed to come in Kirtipur  for safety and they were managed in this place so the word combining Paa i.e Guest and Gan/Gaa or Village chaned to Panga.

Myth III 3
During the Construction of Tundikhel in Medieval period the land owner were settled in this area. Since they were not migrated from Kathmandu and Kirtipur itself was a sovereign country the migrated people became Guests and the village formed by guests turned to Panga.

Offline dYnasTy

• dYnasTy SumaN
Re: Panga an Introduction
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 11:52:05 AM »
Historical Background
The settlement of Panga is related with the Gopal era of ancient Nepal.
The Gopals are supposed to be the first rulers who have left some evidence of their reign .e.g. Pashupati Nath temple is one of the most important monument of then. Panga was known as Shristipur in ancient time. During visit of spiritual saint “Shankaracharya" it was changed to Shankarapur. Its has got its name Shankarapur as the settlement is in the shape of Shankha. In Medieval time it again changed to Panga. There are different myths found in naming of Panga. Some of them are as follows.

Myth I 1       
   The Gopals (then known as SAAPU (cowboy or cow owners in Newari language) were searching for new place in ancient time they found Maayavo( the place where pulses were found abundantly) in Shristi Pur. Due to fertile land they started living there. The Maayavo has now changed in Maayabu in present. After some time the place was expanded in many places .In that time also Shankarapur was name of Panga. This name is continued till late Malla Kings period.  In late Malla kings period ,due to spread of war between country to country the people of this place used to stand around the periphery of this place so in newari term Paa is also known as a chain and Gna/gaa is known as Village so the combination of Paa and Gna /gaa converted into Panga.

Myth II 2
 According to this, due to spread of war the guests were supposed to come in Kirtipur  for safety and they were managed in this place so the word combining Paa i.e Guest and Gan/Gaa or Village chaned to Panga.

Myth III 3
During the Construction of Tundikhel in Medieval period the land owner were settled in this area. Since they were not migrated from Kathmandu and Kirtipur itself was a sovereign country the migrated people became Guests and the village formed by guests turned to Panga.
nice to know abt the place in the Valley maile yo thau ko name kaile suneko nai thena aaja vanda aagadi ani if u got pictures plz tyo ni share gardinush na 
SumaNiL ruleZ'

Offline Leaf_Ninja

• We Love Nepal
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 08:31:59 PM »
Some Pictures of Panga,

I`m few miles far does not mean that I am departed.........

just think..... I`m in the mission........

Offline dYnasTy

• dYnasTy SumaN
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 08:34:09 PM »
dammi raicha ta PANGA janu apryoo ek din
SumaNiL ruleZ'

Offline Leaf_Ninja

• We Love Nepal
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 07:25:29 PM »
yeah, honacha paine samagri haru pani chan uta lolz  :Laughing:
I`m few miles far does not mean that I am departed.........

just think..... I`m in the mission........

Offline dYnasTy

• dYnasTy SumaN
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 07:54:44 PM »
yeah, honacha paine samagri haru pani chan uta lolz  :Laughing:
teso bhaye dhila nagaram
SumaNiL ruleZ'

Offline Patience

• We Love Nepal
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 05:51:38 PM »
Ya its gr8 Place 
Visit Nepal 2011...Once is not Enough!!!

Host By::Love Nepal Network SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines Our Privacy Policy & Terms of Use