Author Topic: Consider upgrading Forum version for security reasons.  (Read 731 times)

Offline t0x1caT0r

• We Love Nepal
    • Techmindz
Consider upgrading Forum version for security reasons.
« on: July 22, 2009, 01:49:40 PM »
To admin:

Please upgrade your forum for security reasons. Natra hack hola feri.

Its really easy. 2.0RC1-2 is out and its a stable release. Please upgrade it.

If you need assistance (I am sure you don't), you can contact me.

Offline sherpa

• Root Admin
  • Project Manager
  • cyber samurai
    • Bridge to Nepal & Nepali
Re: Consider upgrading Forum version for security reasons.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 02:01:14 PM »
thanks for advice
i am aware of it but lack of time i was not able to do
i sure i will upgrade it within 24 hours

I had already tested when it was beta
http://www.welovenepal.com/rc2/

I am working for SMF as beta tester
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 02:06:15 PM by sherpa »
Be respectful with other members means no flaming, insulting, belittling, harassing or threatening in PMs and please don?t post rude, upsetting, offensive word   :scout_en:

Offline t0x1caT0r

• We Love Nepal
    • Techmindz
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 06:37:15 PM »
thanks for advice
i am aware of it but lack of time i was not able to do
i sure i will upgrade it within 24 hours

I had already tested when it was beta
http://www.welovenepal.com/rc2/

I am working for SMF as beta tester
This one is also old. Two security releases have been released after RC1, namely - RC1-1 and RC 1-2. Glad that you are working as beta tester.

Anyways, it just takes to install a package to upgrade. Do it ASAP.

Offline sherpa

• Root Admin
  • Project Manager
  • cyber samurai
    • Bridge to Nepal & Nepali
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 10:19:50 PM »
Upgrade done
I know SMF since it was 1.1.2 and I was really impressed with work of SMF team. As a beta tester we are not getting any $ on it even we are not taking flag of beta tester. I used to work as support team but lack of time I was not able to continue because people there need us 24/7 so I decided to take task of beta tester and language writer. Most of staff and friends there continuously donating around 50$ per year to pay for server of SMF and living cost of developer. Most of mod writer, language writer, beta tester and support as well marketing are high school student. Developer and project manager are donating most of their free time to promote SMF. I am thinking of to write nepali language for SMF. Its not hard coz I had already worked on Korean, Chinese and Japanese language but the problem is my Nepali. If someone can help me then sure very soon we will have SMF in Nepali
Be respectful with other members means no flaming, insulting, belittling, harassing or threatening in PMs and please don?t post rude, upsetting, offensive word   :scout_en:

Offline t0x1caT0r

• We Love Nepal
    • Techmindz
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 12:03:52 AM »
Upgrade done
I know SMF since it was 1.1.2 and I was really impressed with work of SMF team. As a beta tester we are not getting any $ on it even we are not taking flag of beta tester. I used to work as support team but lack of time I was not able to continue because people there need us 24/7 so I decided to take task of beta tester and language writer. Most of staff and friends there continuously donating around 50$ per year to pay for server of SMF and living cost of developer. Most of mod writer, language writer, beta tester and support as well marketing are high school student. Developer and project manager are donating most of their free time to promote SMF. I am thinking of to write nepali language for SMF. Its not hard coz I had already worked on Korean, Chinese and Japanese language but the problem is my Nepali. If someone can help me then sure very soon we will have SMF in Nepali

SMF in nepali would be awesome. I would've helped if I myself knew nice Nepali. Anyways, you are a good polyglot. I would never be able to learn all those languages. French seems possible but Japanese/chinese and their pronunciation and script is so difficult.

I assume you are there since childhood.

Host By::Love Nepal Network SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines Our Privacy Policy & Terms of Use