Author Topic: Girija Prashad Koirala is no More... R.I.P. G.P. babu  (Read 917 times)

Offline dYnasTy

• dYnasTy SumaN
Girija Prashad Koirala is no More... R.I.P. G.P. babu
« on: March 21, 2010, 07:46:53 AM »
Towering personality of Nepali politics and the supreme commander of people's movement-2, Nepali Congress (NC) president Girija Prasad Koirala died at 12.10 noon Saturday.

His death was officially confirmed by NC leaders and family members at 13:45 am.

Koirala, 87, presided over the country's politics for almost two decades since the 1990's democratic change and led the people's movement of 2062-63 B.S.

Koirala, a five-time prime minister, had been battling with poor health for a long time and was being attended by a team of five doctors at the private residence of his daughter Sujata Koirala at Mandikhatar. A medicated room had been set up at his residence for his treatment.

His health had drastically deteriorated since Wednesday night, two days after he was discharged from Shahid Ganga Lal Heart Centre, Bansbari, after a three-day stay.

Koirala had fallen unconscious since Thursday night. Well-wishers and political leaders had started gathering at his residence from early morning following news that he was in a critical condition.

Nepali Congress central working committee held emergency a meeting in Mandikhatar, deciding to perform his last rites Sunday afternoon.

His dead body will be kept at Dashrath Stadium from 8:00 am to 14:00 pm before carrying out a funeral procession and the last rites will be performed at Pashupati Aryaghat in the evening.

Prime Minister Madhav Kumar Nepal, vice president Paramananda Jha, Maoist chairman Pushpa Kamal Dahal, UML chairman Jhala Nath Khanal, ministers and leaders of various parties went to Mandikhatar following news of Koirala's death.

Source: http://www.nepalnews.com/archive/2010/mar/mar20/news03.php
SumaNiL ruleZ'

Offline काली

• wln Friend
Re: Girija Prashad Koirala is no More... R.I.P. G.P. babu
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 11:14:11 AM »
गिरिजा बा तपाईको आत्माले चिर शान्ति पाओस, हामी सबैको तर्फबाट हार्दिक श्रद्दाञ्जली टक्र्याउछु !!!

Offline माया

• Best Member
  • the moment changed my life...
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 01:11:36 PM »
mero pani shradhdhanjali!
You want but you compromise, thatís life.
You want & you wait & you donít compromise
THAT IS LOVE

Offline माया

• Best Member
  • the moment changed my life...
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 01:35:56 PM »
tv ma live diiraheko 6a girijababu ko antyansthi...tara afulai vane tyo drishya herne sahas ratti var pani 6ain....
You want but you compromise, thatís life.
You want & you wait & you donít compromise
THAT IS LOVE

Offline Eastern Media Solution

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 01:45:30 PM »
गिरिजा बा तपाईको आत्माले चिर शान्ति पाओस, हामी सबैको तर्फबाट हार्दिक श्रद्दाञ्जली टक्र्याउछु !!!:p
A Complete Solution of Digital Printing

Offline dYnasTy

• dYnasTy SumaN
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 05:40:09 PM »
its sure that we wont get anyone like him... May his Soul Rest in Peace in heaven
SumaNiL ruleZ'

Offline sam13

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 07:21:54 PM »
THIs is so sad :cray: what's gonna happen of nepal..i thought he was the only good politician.. :cray:
Sweet Goodbye!

Offline NEWROAD

• ďYou are what I never knew I always wantedĒ
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 07:41:00 PM »
GIRIJA BABU JUSTO NETA BHAYE PANI DES KO LAGI KEHI GARERAI JANU BHAYO...
When I see you smile and know that it is not for me, that is when I will miss you the most.

Host By::Love Nepal Network SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines Our Privacy Policy & Terms of Use