Author Topic: 19 girls, 1 goal Miss Nepal 2007  (Read 720 times)

Offline NoBody

19 girls, 1 goal Miss Nepal 2007
« on: March 18, 2007, 05:47:17 AM »

The prestigious Miss Nepal event is back after two years. Nineteen young and talented girls from around the country are ready to compete with a lethal combination—beauty and brains. With nearly 300 hopefuls applying, only 75 got a chance to go through the scanner in the preliminary round. Those 75 were further short listed to 25 which was followed by a selection of the top 19.

In the preliminary round, former Miss Nepal winners Malvika Subba and Sweta Singh, board members of Hidden Treasure: Gopal Kakshyapati, Sarad Kumar Shrestha, and Rupesh Pradhan; and president of Kathmandu Jaycees Suman Shrestha tested the participant's general knowledge, verbal ability, confidence and presentation.

The interview took place at the event's official hotel, Hotel Hyatt Regency on 12 February and on 18 February, the top 25 were announced amidst a press conference. Finally, on 23 February, the top 19 who will be making it to the stage were announced.

The sponsors for this year's event are similar to the previous years; however there are some new changes. "This time, viewers can vote for their favourite contestant through SMS, and the highest-voted will be awarded Dabur Vatika My Choice," says Girendra Man Rajbhanshi managing director of the Hidden Treasure.

Votes can be sent to 2722 not only from cell phones but from landlines and UTL phones as well, he informs. Are there any other changes? "Basically it's the same; however, this time, we have a fair amount of time to prepare and send the winner to Miss World," he says. Because of this very reason, the Miss Nepal event wasn't organized last year and Sugarika KC enjoyed the crown for two consecutive years.

Like always, the choreographer of the event is Rachana Gurung Sharma. She has been polishing the contestants of the pageant since 1994, the first year the pageant was held. And like every year, the contestants will also be given classes on personality development, career and media handling, and communications among others.

"They will also be taken to social organizations like Cancer Hospital, Bal Mandir and Maiti Nepal for visits," says Girendra. The selected 19 will be staying in a close-camp for a week from 1-7 April, and the big day for them has been scheduled to 7 April when one lady will be wearing the crown along with many new responsibilities. "She will get a chance to represent the country internationally and nationally and that's a big thing," Girendra says. Miss Nepal 2005 Sugarika KC is conservation ambassador for WWF Nepal and goodwill ambassador for Cancer Hospital. Opportunities like these await Miss Nepal 2007, and let's hope a deserving lady who can prove that beauty with substance isn't a myth and actually make a difference in the country and the society.

to know what this miss nepal participants are doing CLICK ME
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 08:54:59 AM by mockinbrd »
I am Nobody.

Offline काली

• wln Friend
Re: 19 girls, 1 goal Miss Nepal 2007
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 10:32:14 PM »
2007 ko miss nepal ko hunchha hola ta?

Offline Khandu

• "Nothing is Permanent; thus Changes!" Mela
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 02:44:30 AM »
MuiLe programMa bhak LiyeKi bhaye sure thiyo, aba tehi Ma pachhi 1st runner up huneChahi ta ho Ni.............

"It won't work" says brain. "It is risky" says experience, "It hurts" says pride. "Try it!" says dream ........ my dream!

Offline शेर्पा

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 03:57:34 AM »
arko choti ko miss nepal contest maa haamro forum bata pani ek jana lai bhaag lina pathaune hai!

Offline NoBody

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 04:40:22 AM »
...ek jana matra pathaune  ne rah .. sab lai pathai dim nah .. mis snepal , runner up , 2nd runner up sabaai hamro  forum member ka . beauty peagent haru le pahosh nah
I am Nobody.

Offline Khandu

• "Nothing is Permanent; thus Changes!" Mela
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 06:02:07 AM »
aa ley ley,
ForumKa girls haruLe Miss Nepal, 1st, 2nd runner up bhaye bhaNe, hamro forumKa gurlsHaru bhaNeRa, dag lagauNa lai kasto batho boys haru ta.......  :Smiling:  :Winking:

"It won't work" says brain. "It is risky" says experience, "It hurts" says pride. "Try it!" says dream ........ my dream!

Offline शेर्पा

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 07:27:07 AM »
dhak dine matra haina ma ta sopnsor pani khojchhu

Offline haku Black

• alchi ko pinda
  • nepali
    • sports unlimited
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 07:43:05 AM »
jabo miss nepal aba hami miss welovenepal garaula ni tyo vanda daro program yaha tyaha jasto jharpat kai najanne manche taa hunna ni yaha taa intelegent ko sathai kura garna jannne ra miss universe sanga compare garna sakne beuty matra le chance paucha ni haina taa

Offline **dArK_bO!**

• WaItInG FoR U uNtIl I dIe
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 04:49:58 PM »
k ho sahar  bhare miss nepal ko charcha heheeh
'Cause noth!n' lasts forever,And we both know hearts can change,And !t's hard to hold a candle,In the cold November ra!n

Offline SouthStar

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 01:31:31 PM »
Miss Welovenepal.... ko huney paryo aba.... kali lai vote deenu parlaa....
If I could be anything I would be your tear, so I could be born in your eye, live down your cheek and die on your lips.

Offline ангел

• Life 'N' aиg3l
  • luv is like a heaven but hurts like a hell
    • http://samiel4ever.blogspot.com
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007, 03:40:13 AM »
...ek jana matra pathaune  ne rah .. sab lai pathai dim nah .. mis snepal , runner up , 2nd runner up sabaai hamro  forum member ka . beauty peagent haru le pahosh nah
         hehehe ma ta jadina aafulai ta miss nepal bhaneko k bhane thaha chhina bo .....arulai pathaunu hai
It Only Takes a Few Seconds To Hurt people You Love & It Can Take Years To Heal

Offline SOAD

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2007, 07:41:12 PM »
Sitashma chand huncha hai sajaanbind haru..
Lauu na ni malai kasari thaha bhayecha baee:p:p:p

Host By::Love Nepal Network SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines Our Privacy Policy & Terms of Use