Author Topic: Dealing With Forum Abuse & Copyrighted material  (Read 12129 times)

Offline शेर्पा

Dealing With Forum Abuse & Copyrighted material
« on: April 08, 2007, 06:04:04 AM »
Dealing With Forum Abuse
Very often people encounter content posted on a forum that they disagree with, take offense to or believe infringes on copyrights. We've collected this listing of Frequently Asked Questions to help you determine your best course of action. Please read this page before contacting us with a complaint, as many questions will be answered below.

I see a "? Simple Machines LLC" in the footer - Is it the website of Simple Machines?
No this website is belongs to welovenepal.com you are seeing this becouse SMF is a free discussion board software package that we download and install on our websites and we have no right to remove their copyright patch

What's the fastest way to get results?
The first rule in dealing with forum abuse is keeping a level head and being civil. Firing off an email threatening litigation and throwing around insults will only galvanize them against you. Always make the first step a polite notice indicating the nature of your complaint and a polite request for resolution. If this message is ignored, then proceed accordingly. Contact our staff members or admin group.

Who should I contact with my complaint?
The first person you should contact is the Moderator or Administrator of the forum. Register on the forum, find the Moderator or Administrator and send them an email or personal message on the forum. If they do not respond to your petition you should contact to admin@welovenepal.ws

How can I contact the Moderator or Administrator of the forum/web site
The first way is to register on the forum or web site in question, and try to contact us through the tools provided on the site.

They are posting my copyrighted material, how do I stop them?
The first step is to get in touch with the Moderator or Administrator of the site. If they do not respond to your petition you should contact to admin@welovenepal.ws

How can I get the personal contact information or IP address for a user on a forum?
In short, you can't. You really only have two ways - the first is to ask the member for their contact information, the second is to take the complaint to a court of law, and have a court order issued to collect the information and contact to us. The reason for this is that in most countries, privacy legislation prevents the website owner from sharing that information with you.

Happy Posting
welovenepal.com Team
 :scout_en: :scout_en: :scout_en:
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 08:39:36 AM by शेर्पा »

Host By::Love Nepal Network SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines Our Privacy Policy & Terms of Use