Author Topic: Card Linked Coupons  (Read 73 times)

Offline crystal6

• We Love Nepal
Card Linked Coupons
« on: July 12, 2012, 11:30:34 AM »
While waiting in the check out line at Meijers yesterday, I couldn't help but notice the woman in front of me had a cart full of named brand items. She paid with a LINK card, but didn't have a single coupon. Not one! I scanned her cart and thought I could have easily saved her $20 (and probably alot more!)

After the first woman finished up and left, I started chatting with the woman behind me. She too had a handful of coupons, and we started chatting about how much money we save using coupons. I told her about Jill's website, as well as MUM and how you can print coupons from home.

The second woman said the first woman probably didn't care about using coupons because she gets her food for free using LINK. I said I doubt that was true, and more likely the first woman probably didn't know how to shop to maximize savings. If the first woman knew how to stockpile and use coupons, she could get even more food for free!

Jill, maybe you should work directly with the officials running the LINK program to teach cardholders how to save money using your system. I don't begrudge people for relying on the LINK card to help feed their families, but it would be beneficial to taxpayers and LINK receiptients if the money was well spent!

As for me, my total started out at $109. After using $20 in RR and other coupons, I paid $55. In addition to taking advantage of the tuna, jello, and Finish deals, I got lots and lots of fresh fruits and veggies.
I'm looking forward to attending a SC2 presentation in April!
http://www.card-linked-coupons.com

Host By::Love Nepal Network SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines Our Privacy Policy & Terms of Use